Cycle 1 day 2 hydration and take out chemo




 FU bag is running steady and Chemo Brain or probably just chemo anxiety has made me a dope. Today I took the Leverett Connector and drove right past MGH.  Every other time it has taken me through government center.  Then I missed the first opportunity to turn around.  Maybe I just don’t want to sit for IV or maybe it’s the steroids.

Oh. And did I mention all my cards fell out of my phone last night and I didn’t remember to put them back.  So of course I came to the hospital without money to pay for parking. Thank god for Jess G. She lives practically next door and spotted me some cash.  The place is like Fort Knox and they wouldn’t even let her say hi. But I understand. 

Steroids:  They have certainly made me a bit nuts.  I slept in short stints and got up and texted with nora at 130 and was on the computer designing shirts at 4.  Napped for a half hour then started texting everyone Sound 730 and made what may be a mistake by publishing on Instagram. 
I anticipate the sleep truck will arrive after my last dose of steroids wears off on Monday. If I’m quiet it’s because I’m hanging in bed for the week! 

My Nurse Tisha is super nice. She recommends taking the steroids early. Like four so I might get some sleep.  I’ll try it tonight.  Tomorrow morning is my last dose. So I should be rounding the bend. It’s not a bad feeling mind you but in the middle of the night you have to be creative.  


Today though, So far I feel good.  Thinking I might want a turkey terrific again from Nellios when I am done so far so good on the food and trying to drink.  IV hydration and magnesium and potassium supplements.  Four hours of filling and emptying my bladder. Got to protect the kidneys.  All while the FU runs giving me 3.4 ml/hour through my port.   No pain in the port at all. The discomfort when they put it in was more from the dressing. 


Got shirt number 2 all set.  Found the kids and I listening to Bob Marley after dad died.  Every little thing. Is gonna be alright.   Even recently P said it to me when I was feeling more emotional. 




Lady beside me is chanting her prayers.  Hoping maybe some of her faith


10pm.  The nausea has arrived. 

Looking at the arsenal.  Not sure what to hit.  Already took zofran around 9-  torn between tums, Ativan or going for the compazine.  Magic comes with a price. 

I’ll take it cuz there is an end of this tunnel. Means the meds are working. 


They also reccomended Helios today from Amazon that arrived today for a mouth rinse.  Time to think about starting that too to prevent the mouth sores that the FU is going to cause. 



So lucky to have a porch visit from Maura  today. Thanks for coming by and distracting me for a bit.  So lucky to have so many great friends but ours is definitely a special one. Been through a lot together and raising the kids Together. I Love you! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation Journal

9 month scan

Two month scan