The Port


 irony of cancer: you spend your whole life staying away from radiation and toxic chemicals so you don’t get cancer.   Once diagnosed with cancer you get more radiation than recommended including CT, PET and interventional radiology and get loaded up with toxic chemicals

The experience at MGH west couldn’t have been better.  


Greeted by a wonderful group of women at MGH West interventional radiology. Jane, Jill, BRenda and Kate all made me feel welcome. The receptionist- I didn’t catch her name gave such a nice greeting and kept me distracted 


Lying on the table the flood gates hit. The anxiety was high and the fear and reality of what’s ahead. I asked for a towel to cover my eyes from

The lights.  The sensations were weird


Burning from inserting the Novocaine? The sound of fishing the line deeper into the vein through my neck and the pressure of them sliding the port in.  Double lumen power port. 


It was over in twenty minutes all under local. Drove myself there and back.  I was able to get out of the stretcher and home

Right away. My 730

Appointment was on time. I grabbed the kids bagels on my way home. Made it for my 9 am meeting. I would call that a success and another example of how the momentum to the cure continues. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation Journal

9 month scan

Two month scan