Week 2 begins

 

Enjoyed using the “chemo card”  some guy rings the bell  mask on his chin and ID backwards  I ask where he is from and he looks at his badge  still doesn’t show anything   Blank side facing out  

Calls me “new-ah”

Apparently from vivint  solar but nothing to show it

“I’m on chemo and this is a really bad day  oh  and next time you are better off wearing your mask and showing your badge “ 

He left embarrassed a little... 

Chemo is working

Watched a quick Ted Ed explanation of chemo and I’m thinking more about the process and understanding why I’m so tired. My body has a lot of work to do. 


https://youtu.be/RgWQCGX3MOk


Complaints: My muscles ache. I’m a bit uncomfortably restless but have piled the Yogibo (bean bag) on top of the couch for extra support for the aches and pains.  It seems to help with a bit of pain med and some Zofran for the stomach. Overall nausea is not the worst. It might be lack of interest in food or drink or this massive fatigue.  Can’t wait to climb out of this stage. The magic mouthwash helps with the mucositis and I need to start the Helios mouthwash to get the healing going.  Need to talk myself into it. Hoping zofran slows down the GI symptoms a bit to let me get hydrated.   Otherwise I can call MGH and they said they can offer me some IV fluids when I’m feeling low. But I want to try and do it myself.  Having had sleeve surgery only makes it more difficult to get the fluids in. But I’m pushing the pops Gatorade and water as well as soup jello and pudding. 


Thurs: Energy comes in twenty min spurts.  I took kate to the bus at 6 am and enjoyed the heated seats on my back and hips. Found myself sitting in the car a little extra regaining steam.   

Friday- Hoping to be able to watch a field hockey game today and tomorrow from the car.   I’m keeping track of my daily report so i can plan better for the next round.  


With covid, Kate is not allowed spectators and patrick is only allowed one.  Not sure if that counts for sitting in the car. Hope to get a spot to watch- socially distant of course!  


Friday


Nina and Lillian arrived to work their magic on my house and I hadn’t moved faster to get out of their way.  First time in days I was ready to leave.  Run to the pharmacy and kill a few hours. Felt good to be out and my energy is better today.  


Mom arrived from Ireland as a surprise on Wednesday night.   She is quarantined.  I didn’t want her to worry so I figured I would drive by so she could put her eyeballs on me and see Im doing ok.  On the way into the driveway did some damage to my car. 2020 curse continues.  


Sat with aunt DD for a while instead. Mom too afraid to expose me to leave the house.   Maybe in a few weeks.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation Journal

9 month scan

Two month scan