Round 2 week 3

 It’s Monday and I am approaching the last of the three big treatments.   I was ready for another bad one but because my ears are ringing constantly and labs went wonky (potassium, magnesium and platelets this cycle) Dr Wirth decided to skip the cisplatin and will just give me Taxotere and the 5FU pump.  Hoping that means the symptoms will be less but also hope it doesn’t change my chances.  I just want the gold standard no matter what the side effects because i am totally surviving this and don’t want it coming back.   She says it’s fine because she will bring back the cisplatin for the weekly chemo in conjunction with radiation.  This all starts November 23rd.  And it’s so hard to believe it’s November already but it also means I’m closer to the 13th of January. My last day of radiation.  

Busy week this week   I have a mammogram Friday followed by chemo.  (apparently they found something on CT that needs to be investigated further) 

Wednesday I meet with Dr Chan for CT mapping and they are going to fit me for the crazy sarcophagus that I will have to be in for radiation   I am also having a regular CT to check and see how well the chemo is working   Dr With believes it’s doing it’s job since my sinus symptoms are just about gone   No pain  no numbness or ear congestion.   

My head is shaved completely.  Im excited because I found someone who will Henna Tattoo my head for me.  I don’t love hats unless my head is cold so I decided the tattoo will be unique.  Can’t wait to see it done.  

Made it through Halloween.  Had about 30 trick or treaters here.  Smaller crowd than usual but it has something to do with the Trump supporters in the neighborhood all had their lights out so the kids won’t come down the street.  It’s unfortunate but not surprising.  We have our liberal sign up. But thinking I want to design something light up for the lawn for Christmas.  Feeling like it will be peace themed.  

I am hopeful that our country will make it through the week peacefully although the fact that the president continues to insight violence and selfishness in his supporters is scary.   I think middle America needs to spend some time in the inner city with people working multiple jobs trying to pay rent on 30k/year while they clean up and serve middle America.  Who do they think cleans our hospitals and cares for our kids in daycare and works as lunch mothers, teachers aids, secretaries  in schools and hospital.   Our economy needs the workers to be supported but this administration is concerned about people making the most money.   Removing healthcare from those who need it.  Removing services from those who need it.  We were once a generous nation who cared about the common good and now with this selfish leadership encouraging people to look out for themselves.  He has bashed the healthcare workers and scientists who have been working throughout this pandemic to find answers, cures, and methods to save lives.   It is sad to say I am grateful to only see 20 deaths a day in Massachusetts because the doctors and scientists have found ways to keep people alive   But this comes with consequences and long term health problems.   I am hopeful that this week will bring our country hope, bring back our respect from the world and bring back honesty and dignity  to the leadership of this country as we are a laughing stock of lies, corruption and selfishness   But I have faith that America is still good and that good will defeat evil. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation Journal

9 month scan

Two month scan