Sharing pics from our mini photo shoot. Thanks to Elizabeth Orrell for taking these fun edgy pics to commemorate 2020 and how much we have all pushed through to get
11/23 Had a nice thanksgiving dinner last night. Figured we would do it early because my food aversions will be back on Thursday and poultry hasn’t cut it before so I wasn’t expecting it to be any better for thanksgiving. Tried Nothing Bundt Cakes and it was a big hit. Liz brought over quebrada treats too and kate made an apple crisp. It’s all about deserts right? This morning I got up and put on my new “absolutely radiant” shirt from Jen. Love it! Perfect for my first day. I’m not feeling nervous - just really want to get it overwith. I get in and the machine is an hour behind already. There goes the whole “in and out in fifteen minutes” thing. So I was in for about a half hour it was very spaceage big white machine moving all around Q 11/24 2 down 33 to go. 4 chemo cycles down and 6 to go. Took some Ativan today before my appointment. Made it a lot faster and less stressful. ...
3/23 I’m walking on sunshine and it’s time to feel good. https://youtu.be/CKh0dLIuIu8 I’m all over the place this morning. Dropped kate at the bus at 6. Took a shower (something I usually don’t do it there isn’t an hour to rest after) Have early appointments with Dr Chan and Dr Wirth. Waiting to hear the results of my two month scans. Yes. It’s been two months since I was treated with chemo and radiation. It’s been the hardest two months outside of the times when declan had open heart surgery and my dad was at the brigham. I struggle with appetite and fatigue and am the only person I know who doesn’t want to lose weight. I now weigh less than I did when I got married at 22. And to be honest I have plenty to lose. But in the right way. I look in the mirror and don’t recognize myself sometimes. The buzz cut with the cr...
I’m here for a visit with Dr Annie Chan my radiology/oncology doctor. It’s in the basement of the Lunder building. I smile as I hear someone ring the bell. It brings back the feeling of having finished myself. Might have been one of the few times I cried for myself. Lot of tears for my dad but I think that day was a reality check for all that I went through. Brought tears today too. I’ve been a brat- stalking my MRI results from Saturday which still aren’t back yet. Wonder what she will tell me. I parked in space 444 in the lot so hoping this is good luck that the news will be good. More concerned about the brain necrosis because my wonderful ENT who went up my nose with a metal hose said I get a B+ for the status of my sinuses. Bs get degrees so I’m hoping to get through. And after an hour....
Comments
Post a Comment