ROUND 1 DONE

 

Happy to turn this baby in 
So nice to see people who donate to the cancer ward.  They restocked the hats a woman from Canada sent down. 

Beautiful view from my chair.  


Day 5.  Cycle 1. Last day of chemo 


How do I feel today?  

I have to say it’s not bad bad as I expected.  There has been some fatigue and a bit of nausea but I am keeping everything down and making my fluid goals.   Of course I say that before the afternoon shows it’s eyes and I am a wet noodle.  Accepted a ride in to MGH and Declan brought me hone.  Needed some IV fluids as planned but luckily got to leave the pump at MGH.  ROUND 1- DONE! 


I expect a few tired days ahead then I can start building up for the next dose.  Will take a medication to increase white blood cells to help me fight germs and an antibiotic to prevent infection but otherwise expect time for the cells to die and get some of this cancer out of my body.  



I have some mild discomfort in my jaw but i think it’s because the numbness is lessening. I tell myself the tumor is retreating. Shrinking off the nerve and out of my nose. I visualize it leaving my body in any way possible.  It’s not pretty but body functions are the only way our bodies get rid of toxins so with every breath, every ounce of sweat, pee, poop and spit it is leaving my body.   And it will continue to do so for the next 16 weeks until it is gone and I am stronger.  


What has worked for the symptoms

Faith

Fluids - hard to get down but lemonade and cold fluids helped lots 

Asked them to give me some extra too. 

Fresh cool air really helps

Avoid constipation

Alternatively taking zofran, phenergan, Ativan and tums and omeprazole. 

Tylenol/Motrin for the achy feelings 

Friends



Thank you all for your cards and good wishes.  It’s what will get me through! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation Journal

9 month scan

Two month scan