Sunday Week 3 feeling great

 Sunday- week 3



While I am quite aware I need to start over on Friday, I have to say I am enjoying feeling well and have had a great appetite (there goes thinking I’ll be lighter after all of this :)   I am just keeping my eye on the light at the end of the tunnel



Have seen some close friends and family this week and am amazed at how many people have reached out.  Happy to only need prayers from everyone that are definitely working.   I feel better than before chemo.  All of my symptoms are gone. No numbness, pain, congestion, sore throat, no loss of smell and my ears feel great.  This has to mean the chemo is working with help from the steroids.  


Stocked up on the foods I did tolerate last time.  There is NOTHING I need but thank you all for you offers! 


Main new thing is the research study I am enrolled in.  I have a weakness for the research assistants asking to be part of studies.  I am currently enrolled in four studies.  Two covid including one for at home testing, one cancer DNA study where I am swishing and spitting every time I go to MGH to test for  amount of DNA they see after treatments and now the new one.   

Dr Clark recommended me for a study being run by Medically home, a visiting nurse company who is trying to establish at home care for chemo patients.  I have to send my vital signs every day, answer questions about how I feel physically and emotionally and they will also be able to give me IV fluids whenever I need them.   

They dropped off five boxes of stuff and set up what we are calling “chemo command center”.  IPad, Lifeline system, phone, cellular modem, blood pressure cuff and o2 sat that talk directly to the IPad as well as boxes full of medical supplies, IV fluids and an IV pole and pump.  




The benefit is I won’t need to go in for the IV fluids or blood draws and most important is I have extra protection for my Kidneys as they are my biggest concern right now.   Hoping my labs will rebound this week so we can continue the big chemo. I don’t want to do anything less than gold standard but if the kidneys are suffering at all that might knock me down to a different med.  


We can see the light at the end of the very long tunnel.  I got my radiation dates.  I will have proton Beam radiation five days a week from November 23-January 13.    I will likely have weekly chemo on Tuesday’s after the radiation.  94 days left until the end! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation Journal

9 month scan

Two month scan